Monday, June 8, 2009

Proceed with Caution

So I guess this is kind of a "duh" statment, but when you write, you have to be honest and share yourself, or it's just a bunch of dull nothing. But when you share yourself, especially on the web, (even if I only have one follower :) ), you are putting personal stuff out there. I have been having "whoa nellie" moments, wondering if I shouldn't just put this stuff in my diary and call it a day. Perhaps I will. But, then again, some people express themselves loudly and clearly every day by opening their mouth and talking. I tend to keep my lips together quite often. I express myself best when I sit down at the computer, or with a pen and paper. So, perhaps, while it makes me feel vulnerable and exposed, it is a needed exposure. I don't know. Maybe it's not. Maybe I will just scrap this whole blog thing. Maybe not...

1 comment:

  1. I really hope you don't quit. Yes, I said "quit". (Don't be a quitter! ;) )

    I found it difficult at first to express myself, and probably vascillated between saying too much and saying the wrong thing. And sometimes not saying enough... 'splaining myself properly. I think I've found a middle ground, and better still, I've found a community. I'm creating a place for myself in the world, and sorting out things. Yes, publicly, and I like the feedback too because, goodness knows, I need to be put in my place now and then.

    I was becoming a doormat, losing myself, and needed to get stuff off my shoulders. This really helped.

    Consider it your online diary. Where no one judges. Hope to see more of you here. :)

    ReplyDelete