Thursday, May 21, 2009

Creative...?

I keep taking these tests (okay, yes, most of them are on facebook so I am sure they are very accurate) and they keep telling me I am right-brained, I am creative, I am an artist...and it makes me question, what have I been neglecting? What have I been doing with myself? I love singing, I love creating art, I love thinking of creative ways to say things, or write things...but I don't really do much of it. I think part of it is the pessimistic/practical side of me--I assume I am not good enough to do much with it. Anyway, lately I am trying to ignore this voice and go with the creative. I am trying to cultivate this "talent." Trying to take time and write something every day, whether it be a poem, a blog post, or a bit of prose. Maybe eventually I will have the time to take a real art class and express myself that way...but for now...at least I am doing some writing.

I have realized that listening to music is somewhat inspiring to me, it affects my mood. I don't usually listen to much of it, so I have been adding that to my mid-day writing, computer, creative break-time :).

No comments:

Post a Comment